Sport : the Veps helps you relax and recover
For athletes, relaxing and recovering is essential
Relaxing for athletes can be invaluable to optimize abilities, pre-competition preparations, as well as recovery following a competition or from pain. It is well known that a relaxed, physically- and mentally- prepared athlete will perform better than one who is tense.
Combining relaxation and sporting activities help the following:
- An integration of muscle memory, a refining of perceptions
- Optimised focus and abilities
- Increased competitiveness and self-confidence
- Control of muscle contraction and release
- An increased ability to recover and reduced tiredness
- Development of physical and mental energy
Stress is a major contributor to performance loss, increased pain sensitivity and the likelihood of a variety of symptoms.
Several relaxation techniques can be used to manage stress, nervousness and self-doubt.
Relaxation also gives us time to ourselves, to benefit from a total release of physical and mental stress, to recover our own body image, to mentally prepare for a competitive event, to become familiar with conditioning techniques that allow us to respond in a variety of situations to regain almost instantaneous calmness, motivation and concentration.
Article prepared by Alexandra ROYER, Certified Relaxation Specialist, sport-sante.com